Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Em enjoyed her first official Halloween that involved trick-or-treating, and the kid made out like a bandit. She wanted to go as Sharpay from High School Musical fame, and Katie was a bumblebee (which may be the cutest thing ever).

Unfortunately our neighborhood wasn't too trick-or-treat savvy, so we loaded the kids in the car and went over to Kathi and Barry's neighborhood, where there were tons of houses decked out and kids everywhere. Em had a blast, and only got a bit freaked out when one of the houses we stopped by had a few spooky characters, black lights, strobe lights, spooky music and fog.

Here is one of my favorite photos of the two girls, which I took in the front yard before the sun went down.

All ready to go...
The bee lost her buzz pretty early...
Em sorting through all of her candy...

On a different note, I go back to work and end my maternity leave on Monday. While I am excited about going back to work and getting into the swing of things, I will really miss the time with Katie and Emma during the day. Walking to take Em and pick her up from school every day has been great, as has been being home with the little one. This time is so precious, and I cannot believe it is already done. Three months have just flown by!

Katie will be staying with Nana Kathi for the month of November, and Emma will begin an afterschool program at Kids R Kids nearby. She is really looking forward to it.

No comments: