Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pizza, Cake and Bumper Cars: Celebrating 6-Year-Old Style

Well, Em's 6th birthday party was a success and she and all her friends had a blast. I would highly recommend Incredible Pizza Company for a kid's b-day - they were well-organized, was ready and I think the whole thing went better than expected (especially with seven screaming and over-sugered, over-excited and over-pizza'ed kids!).

After the party, everyone went off into the fun area to play games, rides go karts, play mini-golf, and ride bumper cars for an hour. I think the highlight was Matt and I getting into the bumper car ring wtih our parents - which was hysterical! Then, Gigi (my 84-year-old grandmother) went on the bumper cars with Emma and Mom! Once the staff managed to get her into the car, it was quite the spectacle!

We figured that the 3 hours at ICP was enough and after the shabang, the family came over for some relaxation and downtime (code: sitting out on the patio with beer and wine!) and to watch Em open her gifts. What a tremendously lucky little girl she is, to be surrounded by generations of family and wonderful friends. We are truly blessed.

I uploaded all of the pics onto the Picasa site, but here are a few snapshots:

The Birthday Princess...
The fam chowing down on pizza...

Katie enjoyed the birthday cake, too - the girl already loves chocolate (as Aunt Cheri and Nana say, a girl after their own heart!)...


Uncle Nik slammed icing in Em's face...

Em with her grandmother and great-grandmother before all three jumped on the bumper cards...
Poppy and Katie...
Katie doing her best to help her big sister open gifts...

Emma and Skylar, her new friend (and our neighbor across the street) playing a game of Twister, with Pop Pop leading the charade...

No comments: