Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Moving On Up and Changing Jobs
For those of you who may not already know, next week begins a new adventure in my professional career and I am very excited about this opportunity. I am moving from the marketing department to Luby's Culinary Services, the contract food service division of our company, to do business development and (hopefully) land new clients to our growing repoirtoire. This move allows me to learn a whole new world, learn a new skill set and grow the resume for bigger and better things in the future.
It's a little scary to be going outside the comfort zone and into this whole new world, but when the executives came to me a couple months ago and proposed this move to me, it was a no-brainer. The company has a lot of faith in me to learn quickly, build the necessary relationships, add a few million in new business and move up the chain quickly. I have no doubt I'll learn and adjust. I will miss the marketing department, as I've been a key part for nearly seven years. But I've gone as far as I'm going to go here professionally and it's time to move on to something new and different. The Culinary Services division is rapidly growing and I'm excited to be a part of it. Yeah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment