Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rodeo Time & Recent Happenings

OK, so it has been a while since I last posted, I know...

This past week has been Em's first official spring break from school and she had a great one (at least I think so). She went to her dayschool program for three days, and on Wednesday she and Matt went to the carnival at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo where she got to run all the rides, eat a TON of junk food like Fried Oreos, Fried Twinkies and pizza. As always, the kid has no fear and had a blast riding everything goes "super fast and spins." Gotta love her spirit!

I took Friday off and after a big breakfast bat IHOP, took the girls to the Children's Museum, which was really neat and of course, Em loved it, especially the Kidopolis exhibit. In Kidopolis, the kids get pretend money from the Chase Bank ATM then get to spend it at the HEB grocery store - where Em worked as a cashier - and at the diner. She enjoyed the police station, but sadly enough there was no "play" jail cell - I wanted so bad to get a pic of her behind bars!!

I uploaded all the pics on Picasa, but here are a few of my favorites...

Em playing a checker at HEB (she even put on the red apron)...

A snapshot of the girls right after Em had her face painted...

Yesterday (Saturday) we had a wonderful day at the Rodeo carnival with Pop Pop, Grandpop Barry and Nana where Em got to go nuts on all the rides again and Katie LOVED being out and about watching all of the sights and taking in the sounds. Last year when we went I couldn't ride on anything since I was pregnant, so this year I joined in on the fun and went with Em on a few. That child is absolutely fearless, and will go on anything if she was tall enough. She keeps saying next year she'll hit the even bigger ones!

A couple weeks ago we all ventured to Austin for Brandon's baby shower and spent much needed time with my college buddies from UT. We spent much of that Saturday after getting in town with Mike and Bernice, longtime family friends of Matt and his family, and had a wonderful time. Then we hooked up with the college clan, first going to dinner on Saturday night with everyone and then spending all day Sunday together.

Thanks again to Kyle and Jeanine for letting us crash at their house, it was great to spend time with them and of course, let the girls play! Emma still talks about Chloe and can't wait to play with her again! We are so truly blessed to have such wonderful friends. :-)

No comments: