(And luckily, we are not the only dorks with a camera to chronicle the entire morning - as it turns out, just about every parent we saw had a camera or even a video camera in tow to capture the first day moments!)
On the way to the school, Em told me she didn't need to hold my hand - and so it begins - and was nearly running. Once we got into the school got to her classroom, she unpacked her backpack, set her lunch tote and snack in the designated areas and walked into her class, she was a bit overwhelmed. She had a bit of a scared look on her face, which I haven't seen since it was her first day of school at her previous daycare/preschool, but she will be just fine once the class gets going. By the time I pick her up at the end of the day, she'll undoubtedly have a new best friend and tell us all about it.
Eating breakfast...
All set and ready to head out for her first day...
At the crosswalk (sporting her High School Musical backpack, of course!)...
Kindergarten, here I come!!
Getting situated in her classroom. Em found her seat right away and made herself at home and began working on her firswt project: a picture for Matt and I of her first day at school...



No comments:
Post a Comment